As per the latest data, 30,33,27,440 vaccine doses have been provided by the Centre through the government of India (free of cost channel) and through the direct state procurement category. Of this, the total consumption, including wastages, is 28,43,40,936 doses.
“The new phase of universalization of Covid-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain,” the official statement read.
As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, the government of India has been supporting the states and Union Territories by providing them Covid vaccines free of cost.
In the new phase of the
DES MOINES, Iowa (KWWL) — Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds signed a bill that will lower taxes and place the burden of funding mental health on the state.
The bill, SF 619, changes the tax code in the following ways:
- SF 619 drops tax rate from 8.53% to 6.5%
- Reduces the number of tax brackets from 9 to 4
- Eliminates Federal Deductibility
- Phases out the mental health levy over 2 years, saving property taxpayers over $100 million
- Phases out state inheritance tax over 4 years, saving taxpayers nearly $100 million
- Expands eligibility for the Beginning Farmers Tax Credit
- Food Bank sales tax exemption
“In Iowa we are cutting taxes and helping Iowans keep more of their hard earned money. Not only does this legislation reduce income and property taxes, it completely phases out the state’s inheritance tax,” Gov. Reynolds said. “With this legislation, we also provide steady and reliable funding for
Minister of Health Zweli Mkhize
Photo: Lulama Zenzile/Gallo Images/Die Burger
- Health Minister Zweli Mkhize warned provinces that the country is in the third wave of Covid-19.
- He further warned that numbers would not go down unless provinces started “intensive containment measures”.
- Government scientists who spoke on condition of anonymity confirmed Mkhize’s communication with regard to rising positive cases.
Health Minister Zweli Mkhize has warned provinces that the country is currently in the third wave of Covid-19.
In communication that was widely distributed on Wednesday, Mkhize said: “Kindly note that the Covid-19 positive cases are rising rapidly. For all intents and purposes, we are in third-wave even if not fitting in technical definition. The numbers will no longer go down other than if we start intensive containment measures.”
He encouraged provinces to intensify response programmes.
“We need to meet frequently to see how to support each other. Contact tracing and
The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) said in a statement late Thursday it received 22 reports of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST), where clotting forms in the sinuses that drain blood from the brain, and eight other reports of thrombosis, out of a total of 15.8 million people who had been given at least one dose of the vaccine by March 21. A breakdown of the MHRA’s CVST data showed four people had died, but the agency did not immediately respond to CNN’s questions to confirm whether there had been fatalities.
But more and more reports of blood clots from different countries are dripping in, particularly in Europe, where the AstraZeneca vaccine is widely used. Some countries are choosing to suspend the vaccine altogether, while others have limited its use to certain age groups.
Here’s what to know.
Where else is this happening?
The Netherlands on Friday said
- In urban areas, the electronic vaccination data system (EVDS) will allocate a site within 10km of your work or home. In rural areas, it will be within 30km of the address you entered.
- The system won’t allow you to register if you’re not a health worker or over 60, until the health department opens up the next category for registration.
- A list of vaccination sites will soon be published on the government’s coronavirus website and will be updated each week.
This week, the EVDS sent out the country’s first text messages for Covid-19 vaccination appointments – but not without problems.
All the healthcare workers, and people of 60-years-old or older, who received messages got the notifications on short notice, mostly the afternoon or night before the day of their appointments. This resulted in many of them being unable to make the appointments and led to questions on social media about
Nelson Mandela funeral fraud: Axed health MEC Sindiswa Gomba and 11 co-accused back in court in July
Former Eastern Cape health MEC Sindiswa Gomba
- Axed health MEC Sindiswa Gomba and 11 others face an array of charges, including fraud and money laundering.
- They are accused of misleading the Buffalo City Metro into believing that it had an obligation to make money available for the funeral of former president Nelson Mandela.
- It is alleged that R10 million was siphoned from the Buffalo City Metro under the pretence that it was meant for the funeral.
Former Eastern Cape Health MEC Sindiswa Gomba and 11 others briefly appeared in the East London Magistrate’s Court on Tuesday charges of fraud and money laundering which relate to the funeral of former president Nelson Mandela.
The charges stem from allegations that R10 million were siphoned from the Buffalo City Metro (BCM) under the pretence that it was meant for the funeral of former president Nelson Mandela.
Gomba and the other ANC
Alert! Please Read!
If you are experiencing difficulties due to recent changes made to the LTC admission transaction in MEDI, please ensure your Java Security settings match those below by doing the following:
Click on Start Button
Click on All Programs
Click on Java Folder
Click on Configure Java
Click on the Security Tab
Visit the Digital ID account management portal to establish security questions to allow future password reset
This will soon be required for all MEDI users. By taking this step now before it becomes mandatory, you can avoid potential issues that could prevent you from accessing this service
Welcome to myHFS – the secure Web site for the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services. This Web site allows authorized users online access to departmental information on the following HFS programs:
Medical Assistance Information for Medicaid
Health Minister Zweli Mkhize.
- Two former staff members of the health minister have been implicated in an alleged Covid-19 response scandal.
- Only around R40 million of the R150 million contract have been accounted for on company receipts, the Daily Maverick is reporting.
- Digital Vibes reportedly charged the department for arranging media briefings, interviews and public engagements.
An alleged Covid-19 response scandal has seen around R150 million paid to a communications agency for questionable services, and the former personal spokesperson of Health Minister Zweli Mkhize has been implicated.
According to a report by the Daily Maverick, the Department of Health paid Digital Vibes more than R150 million for services linked to the National Health Insurance (NHI) programme and the government’s response to Covid-19.
The company is reportedly controlled by Mkhize’s former personal spokesperson, Tahera Mather, and former personal assistant, Naadhira Mitha, though the two are not listed as directors.
Zambian President Edgar Lungu.
- Zambia has banned campaign rallies ahead of elections scheduled for August.
- The country has recorded more than 93 000 confirmed cases of Covid-19, with more than 1 200 deaths.
- A leader of the opposition party said his party would go ahead with its campaign rallies.
Zambian President Edgar Lungu on Wednesday banned campaign rallies ahead of elections scheduled for 12 August, saying large gatherings risked spreading the Covid-19 virus.
Lungu, a lawyer, is pitted against economist Hakainde Hichilema of the United Party for National Development (UPND), whom he narrowly beat in the 2016 elections.
Zambia, Africa’s no.2 copper producer, is the grips of an economic crisis after it failed to make payment of a coupon on one of its dollar bonds in November, dragging it into sovereign default.
Opposition parties have pilloried Lungu’s handling of the crisis. Last year, police shot dead two people after
- Gauteng Health MEC Nomathemba Mokgethi presented with mild symptoms before a Covid-19 test.
- Mokgethi was one of the first people to receive the J&J vaccine, under the Sisonke Programme in Gauteng.
- Last week, Gauteng Premier David Makhura announced the province had officially entered the third wave.
Gauteng Health MEC Nomathemba Mokgethi has tested positive for Covid-19 and is currently in self-isolation, the provincial government confirmed.
In a statement, it said Mokgethi presented with mild symptoms before a Covid-19 test on Tuesday.
She received the vaccine in February.
“All persons who were in contact with her have been advised to self-isolate and test, if necessary. The Health MEC was one of the first people to receive the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, under the Sisonke Programme in Gauteng. The Covid-19 vaccine prevents severe illness, hospitalisation and death.”
WATCH | Covid-19: Gauteng is in third wave, says David Makhura
The province said Mokgethi