This Working Agreement exercise has been adapted from Esther Derby and Diana Larsen’s 5 step structure from their book Agile Retrospectives. The five steps can be summarised as follows:
- Set the stage — Goal: Set the tone and direction.
- Gather data — Goal: Create a shared memory; highlight pertinent information and events
- Generate insights — Goal: Think creatively; look for patterns, themes and connections
- Decide what to do — Goal: Generate and prioritize valuable, clear actions
- Close — Goal: Summarize and end the meeting
That said, in the context of Working Agreements you can run the following:
Describe what the purpose of the exercise is. I like to use the following introduction and description of what a working agreement is, and how it can benefit a team:
“Becoming a team involves commitment to working together and supporting each other in our common goals.
This commitment is supported by writing what
Kinds of movies:
comedy– funny movies
drama– serious movies
romance– movies about love (also romantic movie)
comedy-drama– funny movies about love
horror– scary movies
documentary– story of something that really happened
mystery– a secret, something you don’t know. In movies
we have to wait to see the ending to know how something happened
action and adventure– movies with a lot of action, for
example fighting or
western– movies about cowboys
musical– movies with singing and dancing
to be into– (slang) to really like or enjoy
came out– started or began (this phrasal verb has other
Harry: Hey, Elizabeth, how would you like to go see a movie
Elizabeth: Sounds great! What would you like to see?
Harry: I don’t know… how about that new horror
Acid-Base Equilibria Experiment
Rachel Casiday and Regina Frey
- Exercise and how it affects the body
- Acid-base equilibria and equilibrium constants
- How buffering works
- Quantitative: Equilibrium Constants
- Qualitative: Le Châtelier’s Principle
- Le Châtelier’s Principle
- Direction of Equilibrium Shifts
- Application to Blood pH
How Does Exercise Affect the Body?
Many people today are interested in exercise as a way of
improving their health and physical abilities. But there is also
concern that too much exercise, or exercise that is not
appropriate for certain individuals, may actually do more harm
than good. Exercise has many short-term (acute) and long-term
effects that the body must be capable of handling for the
exercise to be beneficial. Some of the major acute effects of
exercising are shown in Figure 1. When we exercise, our heart
Can you imagine someone teaching you to swim or drive a vehicle, within four walls of a classroom? It is impossible!! You have to get into the water to learn swimming and you have to be out on the road to learn driving. Some subjects are skill based and practice oriented. Theoretical knowledge of skill- based subjects needs to be supported by practice. Subjects like teaching and engineering are skill based. In these subjects, practical knowledge is more important than theoretical knowledge.Practical work includes experiments in laboratories, study tours, projects, assignments etc. the advantages of practical work are unmatched. Getting theoretical knowledge has no value until students can apply it for practical purposes.
- When you do something with your own hands you remember better.
- Practical work promotes experiential learning.
- Practical work encourages self-learning.
- Practical work familiarizes students with tools and equipment that he will be required to use.
10 Creativity Challenges to Exercise Your Creative Confidence | by James Le | Constraint Drives Creativity
· Tool: Customer Journey Map
· Participants: Solo or groups of 2 to 6 people
· Time: 1–4 hours
· Supplies: Whiteboard or Post-its
1. Choose a process or journey that you want to map.
2. Write down the steps. Make sure to include even small steps that may seem trivial. The goal is to get you to consider the nuances of the experience that you may normally overlook.
3. Organize the steps into a map. Usually we display the steps sequentially in a timeline. Your map may include branches to show alternative paths in the customer journey. You could also use a series of pictures or whatever method fits your data.
4. Look for insights. What patterns emerge? Anything surprising or strange? Question why certain steps occur, the order they occur in, and so forth. Ask yourself how you might innovate each step.
5. If possible, show the
What Is Hyponatremia?
Hyponatremia (low blood sodium) is a condition that means you don’t have enough sodium in your blood. You need some sodium in your bloodstream to control how much water is in and around the cells in your body.
It can happen because of certain medical conditions, some medicines you might be taking, or if you drink too much water.
Because of the low sodium, the amount of water in your body rises and causes your cells to swell. This can lead to many problems. Some are mild, but others can be serious and even life-threatening.
How low is too low? Your blood sodium level is normal if it’s 135 to 145 milliequivalents per liter (mEq/L). If it’s below 135 mEq/L, it’s hyponatremia. Your doctor will be able to tell you whether your level is too low.
You may not have any symptoms if your hyponatremia
Sciatica is low back pain that normally radiates into the butt, back of the hip, and down the back of the leg to the foot.
Most times sciatica affects only one side of the body (unilaterally), but it can affect both legs, depending on the cause.
The good news is that doing simple sciatica exercises can help relieve your pain.
First, Sciatica Facts:
- The sciatic nerve starts in the lower back and runs down the back of each leg.
- The sciatic nerve is the largest nerve in the body, up to almost 2cm in diameter.
- Sciatic pain is often associated with tingling, numbness, or weakness of the leg.
- Each person has 2 sciatic nerves components, namely: the tibia and the common peroneal components derived from the of L4 to S3 spinal nerves.
- It may be sudden in onset and can persist for days or weeks.
- Sciatica can be caused by
Flexibility exercise is one of the four types of exercise along with strength, balance and endurance. Ideally, all four types of exercise would be included in a healthy workout routine and AHA provides easy-to-follow guidelines for endurance and strength-training in its Recommendations for Physical Activity in Adults.
They don’t all need to be done every day, but variety helps keep the body fit and healthy, and makes exercise interesting. You can do a variety of exercises to keep your physical activity routine exciting. Many different types of exercises can improve strength, endurance, flexibility, and balance. For example, practicing yoga can improve your balance, strength, and flexibility. A lot of lower-body strength-training exercises also will improve your balance.
Flexibility exercises stretch your muscles and can help your body stay flexible. These exercises may not improve your endurance or strength, but being flexible gives you more freedom of movement for other exercise
The knee is the largest joint in the body. People use it heavily every day as they walk, run, climb, or jump. As a result, it is also very prone to injury and pain. When these occur, a doctor may recommend exercises to help a person strengthen the muscles around the knee.
People of all ages may experience knee pain. According to
While it may be tempting to avoid exercise when knee pain occurs, this is not always the appropriate solution. Certain types of exercise can help alleviate existing knee pain and prevent future pain or injury by providing the knee with extra support.
Strong glutes are more than just about aesthetics. Building muscle in your hips, glutes and quads improves your stability and power as a runner, as well as in other sports. This improves your performance and reduces your risk of injury.
With these 15 bodyweight exercises you can create your own butt workout at home for a stronger, bigger butt. Here’s how to do it:
- Pick 4-6 exercises
- Do as many reps as you need to feel your glutes really working. For some exercises, such as the Single Leg Hip Thrust, you might need only 8, for others, such as the Frog Pump, you might need to do 30
- Repeat for 3-5 rounds
- Do a butt workout at least 3 times a week
Exercise list: 15 best home exercises for a stronger, bigger butt
Great starting exercise – the Bridge will not only work your glutes but also